Sunday 29 May 2011

Final piece for American project




I struggled SO much to think of something to do for this project, for whatever reason i literally couldn't come up with anything at all. Last monday i had a tutorial with Ruth and out of nowhere came an idea i was really excited about, i just wish i would have thought of it sooner! I've been kicking myself because i could have produced so much more work and more final pieces that i think i would have been really proud of.

To think what i've achieved in 6 days (although as Perry pointed out, they've been long days with no breaks and major eye-strain - i actually had to invest in some eye drops- haha) and then what i could have achieved in 6 weeks, i am pretty dissapointed in myself because i could have done so much more...

But never mind, it's too late to worry about it now! I don't think i could have done anything differently because it wasn't for lack of trying that my idea took so long to come up with, trust me, i fried my brain trying to think of what to do!

Anyways, here i am writing an essay again... I'll get to the photos now!

I produced a cardboard boombox tape holder and then customised 13 tapes and made 2 mini consantina books to go alongside. I'm really pleased with the results and here they are...


Eminem song titles: design covers both sides and all edges of the tape...


Experimenting with a 'scruffy' design
Music sheet, all hand drawn

Air Force 1's, repeated design


Lyrics notepad, again all hand drawn (i didn't stick the paper on, my mum didn't believe me....haha)

Rap battle & crowd...




Neon spray...





I drew on the 'normal' tape parts


I don't really like this one, the cracked effect looks quite cool but i don't like my text design





My photos keep 'jumping around' and i can't fix it so see a few down for the other side of this tape(!) i wanted a rough/zine/home-made/realistic mixtape and this is what i came up with...

I liked the colour of this one so i just left it blank...







This is the last design i did and the one i am most proud of. It was inspired by an illustration i found in one of my books. It's all hand drawn in pencil and surprisingly only took 3 hours.....









My final piece.... The tapes do have cases but they're just clear (so you can see the tapes without having to handle them) so they're not in the photo.


I would have liked to have made a book of illustrations or a zine or something else to go with it, if i would have had more time but i don't, so i'll just have to get over it!... =)


No comments:

Post a Comment