Saturday 7 May 2011

A bit of encouragement..??

So i still haven't done anywhere near as much as i would have liked for my American project, i feel like everything i'm drawing is - to put it bluntly- crap!... My bin pile is huge, whilst my sketchbook is thin.. =(
Although i found this picture, which isn't perfect but still works. It's given me a teeny tiny bit of confidence that perhaps i don't need to be a Mcbess, Legno, Mr Bingo, Giant etc etc when i'm only in my second project....!!

I don't like the text but the scruffy line work is definately something i could work with...

I also came across this.....




....which i think is from one of Jay-Z's album covers. Using letters to create images is a somewhat over-used techinque i feel but it works here. It's given me the idea to try and use song lyrics, rather than just letters and shape them into an illustration, instead of just having pages of text.. Also i'm going to raid my brothers (mahoosive) CD collection because i think there is quite alot of album art that could inspire me and will be relevant seeing as i seem to be going down the route of music/hip hop/ streetdance...

No comments:

Post a Comment