Monday 28 February 2011

Children's Illustrators...
Illustration is something i've thought about for a few years but assumed that i wasn't competent enough with a pen or pencil to make it a career of my own. I've recently realised however that you don't have to be able to draw a figure or a bowl of fruit perfectly to be successful. Looking back at books from when i was young and now scavanging on the bottom shelves in charity shops, the diversity of illustrative styles is so vast and quite exciting to me because i've never sat down and really looked at them before. I've always been a collector/hoarder of books and now i feel like i have an excuse to buy more, for want of inspiration and also just as an interesting and somewhat beautiful collection to call my own. This is my latest 'craze' at the minute (for want of a better expression) and so you can expect to see random inclusions of illustrations i like...

No comments:

Post a Comment